Music Director Michael Tilson Thomas and the San Francisco Symphony present their latest recording on SFS Media: Berlioz’s Roméo et Juliette. Released on the orchestra's Grammy Award-winning in-house label, this recording sees MTT and the orchestra join Sasha Cooke, Nicholas Phan, Luca Pisaroni, and the SFS Chorus.
Berlioz’s Roméo et Juliette is a true sonic spectacular... The scale of the piece and the positioning of the large orchestra, very large chorus, and soloists is extraordinary. This recording allows all of these wonderful forces to be heard clearly and with incredible majesty.
- Michael Tilson Thomas
Michael Tilson Thomas
San Francisco Symphony
Berlioz: Roméo et Juliette
1. Introduction and Prologue
2. Romeo Alone – Festivity at the Capulets’
3. The Capulets’ Garden – Love Scene
4. Scherzo – Queen Mab
5. Second Prologue – Juliet’s Funeral Cortege
6. Roméo in the Tomb of the Capulets
7. Finale – Brawl between the Capulets and Montagues
8. Friar Laurence’s Recitative and Aria
9. Oath of Reconciliation